Thursday, July 1, 2010

Study Blue Flashcards

This website is great for making flashcards and practicing them, though it does require the use of the honor system. It is free to set up, and all that is required is a e-mail address. There are many things fourth graders are asked to study, and I believe that making flashcards and using them is a very beneficial way to learn, not just this year, but for future years as well.

Note- clicking on any of the pictures leads you to the main introductory page of studyblue where you can sign up. 

Photobucket
Screen for entering new flashcards.

Photobucketht
This is what the practice screen looks like.

Photobucket
When you finish practicing, it tells you what your current percentage of mastery is. I answered my one card wrong as an example, but if I used it to practice, I might get 50% right the first time, and 70% the second time, and it would track my progress, including what words I miss the most. Personally, I recommend having the child be responsible to make the flashcards, and be honorable about their answers, because they will be the only one who suffers if they get it wrong, but I could also see you being in control of the thumbs up or thumbs down after they answer the question. 

Even if that wasn't enough, there are apps available for it, so once you create an account, those flashcards can be used on any smartphone! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment